Tuesday 16 September 2008

The Colonel Neville Doctrine.
























For total victory over Islamist terror states, narco-feifdoms, Communist firing squad prison worlds, cannibal King G8 charity funded Hell holes and any other totalitarian vortex, The Colonel Neville Doctrine is as follows:

"First enrage your opponent. Then kill their leaders. Destabilise their governments. Crush their military power and reach. Stop and confiscate their funds. Copy and modify victory, deflect force, reject defeat and always counter-strike. Defeat utterly then rebuild. And oh yes. Effectively and immediately stop enabling the same threats to grow domestically toward a terrifying cultural and security collapse, and societal suicide. Repeat.

While grooving on the previous, state the facts in clear, simple terms repeatedly and loudly and always at the time. Never let big lies go unanswered. Never apologise for the facts. Always have a sense of humour and style. Understand that the free Western Canon is a small bright light in the long dark tunnel of human history. It may not hurt to declare that we are indeed at asymetrical war, and thus it's a series of multiple and overlapping events on many fronts. It's WW1V [4] actually".


Sadly, being a guitar playing blogger, the Colonel Neville Doctrine is not currently available per se. But I do make a nice warm chicken salad and people rave about how neatly I fold my tea towels.




“The best lack all conviction, while the worst,
Are full of passionate intensity”.
William Butler Yeats.

The trouble with a standard out of contest and dull reading of the classic Yeats quote bit, is that it appears to be balls in a lot of ways, and a rather lose-lose conundrum if you follow it as any kind of non-plan of non-action. If you’re a jellyfish putz prostrated with confusion on the floor, you’re good! Get off your arse with conviction and ipso facto, ya bad?

“Gee, I wish there was more of the failure of the ineffectual and unsure around!” Er, no. I get enough of that at home.

“It’s some catch that Catch 22!” Catch 22.

Of course that ain’t what Yeatsy baby meant, as any full reading of the interesting focus in the poem on things curiously creepy and desert dwelling reveals. Check it out the full Bill Yeats menu at the end of this shabby post.

Hey, here’s a cool doctrine I recall. The epic and tragically flawed JFK was not really talking interfaith dialogue number 754, and cosy fireside chats with killers I believe, though sadly far too many have committed that sin. Nope, it's very muscular and just what the Doctor ordered.


“Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans—born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage—and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this Nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty. This much we pledge—and more”.


John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address.


Dear sports, yes if one diggeth the empirical and rational via serious research, and is in possession of any core values based on the acceptance of er, reality, well, most every communication with variations on “starry eyed Clintonistas” or similar, will invariably open a can of tiresome mass cliché worms by default. They are if anything it seems, passionate, but not always much else tangible.

It can try one’s patience, and not just because it’s demanding to write down such by the numbers raw material for comedy and pathos, but because hey, you can tell you’re really ending up doing all the thinking skills for another person or two or the hordes of Left infected Koskid millions, who refuse to follow the logic of things and do the work required to face objective facts with or without nuance. No, really.

But then, I do live in the inner-city, where there are thousands of rebels easily recognisable by their identical mediocre, worthless thoughts and tedious statements signifying precisely zero. I can’t use ‘em, man, except for laughs.

Curiously, while I humbly admit I seem to be able to come up with destabilising, fresh, fun and crushing punch lines, rather sadly, most supply the same straight line set-ups over and over again. Though it's often a real gasser, it still can give me a headache and a feeling of inertia.

Sure, there's a negative side too.

And here’s the great Charles Krauthammer on the facts of the Bush Doctrine Mark 4, being the spread of Democracy globally. I like it, but then I’ve lived in a showroom of Democracy by force in Japan. Oh yes, it works. And Mr K should know. Charlie kind of coined the term Bush Doctrine. This cool piece of essential insight via Shooting Star via the terrific Andrew Bolt.

The lovely Eowyn at Shooting Star posted a groovy and thoughtful comment on the same brain bursting fall-out felt by us all from the research required in sourcing, cross-referencing, remembering, analysing and making sense of the etc, etc, in order to see the harsh reality of things. Dig? Anyone who kisses a mammal born with a permanent smile, is ok with me.

“My dear Colonel:

I would refer you to this post by a dear Canadian friend as background: as an example of the increasing insanity demanding increasing brain circuitry to process increasing demands on said brain circuitry. (If that makes sense.)

William of Ockham must be performing gymnastics in his grave.

I admit that I, as a mere mortal, suffer brain overload by merely trying to connect the dots between outright insanity and reality ... and I guess, what I'm asking here, is strategies to not only be able to absorb black-equals-white, and recognize it for what it is, but also how to answer it effectively.

Whew. A tall order, I realize...”
Eowyn.

She’s right. And how many folks are like our Eowyn, and really want to get to the old apple core of thangs? God bless that inquisitive kid.

One thing in countering not just those infected by Leftism but regular folks for example, is that everywhere you go people often say curiously identical things that can usually be dealt with rather effectively with the same answers. This can maybe sound kinda mechanical, and maybe easy to become ineffectual due to things constantly changing an' all, but not necessarily. In fact, surprisingly not as much as you'd think. Armed with a few links to the definitions of Logical Fallacy, Cognitive Bias, Ockhams Razor and macrame for beginners etc, I feel stripped down and prepared to break up my rhythm to events, so to speak.

Rhetorically speaking, my motto is to never throw a mistimed and thus bad punch, Jim. You must know the possible range of responses per se, and if not, be able to respond authentically, simply and effectively. Aye, there's the rub.

“All failure is a lack of concentration”. Bruce Lee.

Lee used to laugh at some of the pointless despair of alleged martial arts boobs, who would learn perhaps hundred of complicated moves that under pressure of a real opponent, may just collapse like wet bread, or a new child rearing theory when applied to an actual child. Instead, good old Bruce worked endlessly on perfecting simple and stripped down moves, until they were extremely fluid, spontaneous, natural, complete, flexible and so very powerful. They were beautiful, baby.

So that’s what I try to do in my feeble way. Lacking the educational training I sorely needed, I guess I developed the classic polymath approach on most things. But I focus and refine an actually small set of mental tools. I have to! Well, that’s my aim, as man, I still get very badly caught out sometimes, though I can usually regroup the old brain and correct errors after a breather.

Yep, it ain’t easy as there is soooooooooooooo much of everything, especially bullshit. Bruce Lee had these few simple lines as a kind of personal guide. It’s pretty hip.

Lee said “Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, research your own experience and put in what is essentially your own”.

I dig paradox, or do I?! And ditto the traditionally good, proven and useful as well as the new and worthwhile or for that matter the utterly pointless, if it’s a laugh and fun, which is entirely the point. I can accept two or more opposing things at the same time, like a husband and wife for example! I do try. At least that's the plan. Hey, hey, hey.

“Annihilate your opponent”. Bruce Lee.

"There is no opponent". Bruce Lee.

“Life is too important to be taken seriously”. A worn Oscar Wilde quote but a good one.Here’s another.

“The truth is rarely pure and never simple”.

Sometimes people say gee, you know a lot, but I don’t. Really. I’m essentially untrained, under pressure and under funded. I’m not a raging success. I can’t buy all the materials I want such as all the books I dig. I’ve just made some effort to maintain an open curiosity and thirst for learning. Also I have limited interest in my own opinions. I don’t want any mere opinions per se. Opinions are not understanding. Opinions are amusing and human, but not always of much use.

“Find the causes of your own ignorance”. Bruce Lee.

Ah, there were so many! Man, I was damn unclear and rather ignorant for a damn long time, and only recently feel that I have a sense of lightness from the doubt of thinking gee, I wish someone could tell me. And you know why? 30 years of Indoctrinate U via the dominant Left paradigm, innit? It’s all alleged “good intentions” balls on the merry road to Marxist PC Hell.

It’s usually as practical and natural as a cheese umbrella, but way more evil for your autonomy than say, underwear made of vipers. Look at my previous post for the true Soviet Communist history of the PC. It all seems so nice and caring from this end, eh? But it ain’t. It’s a massive control freak lie.

But I digress, cos’ now I have the Net, books and friends online and so on. It’s all just a breath away. It’s a real relief, baby.

Though isn’t it odd, that there is so much great Quality Controlled stuff available and yet the majority seem uninterested, or go for the usual inferior brands because it’s fashionable and more right on, and thus nicely self-reflective?

I don’t seem to need that so much. I kinda like harsh facts. They keep me warm at night.

Roman writer Terence (Terentius) (c. 190-160 BCE): "Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto. I am a man (or human, or human being), (therefore) nothing human can be foreign to me".

"We should start with the premise that the United States, like all sovereign nations, has the unilateral right to defend itself against attack. As such, our campaign to take out Al Qaeda base camps and the Taliban regime that harboured them was entirely justified… (If) we’ve got (Osama bin Laden) in our sites, we should ask for Pakistan’s cooperation, we should ask Pakistan to take him out. But if they don’t, we shouldn’t need permission to go after folks that killed 3,000 Americans". Barak Obama.

"(The) global community should offer “big sticks and big carrots” to persuade Iran to halt its nuclear programme". Barak Obama.

“A nuclear Iran would pose a grave threat and the world must prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon...” Barak Obama.

"I will always keep the threat of military action on the table to defend our security and our ally, Israel". Barak Obama.

Colonel Neville: "It's almost enough to make you warm to Obama, inn it?"

“In order to stop Islamic extremists, those terrorists, who would seek to destroy America and our allies, we must do whatever it takes, and we must not blink...” Sarah Palin.


The Second Coming by William Butler Yeats.

“TURNING and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert

A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?”

3 comments:

Mark Tapson said...

Just discovered your blog, Colonel. I like your style. I'm proud to be an honorary Australian myself, my wife being from Sydney. Keep up the good work. Cheers, Big Shaker

Eowyn said...

"William of Ockham must be performing gymnastics in his grave."

Ha! Just left a comment at neoconstant utilizing our esteemed Ockham's wisdom before coming here directly -- great minds, and all that :)

Eowyn said...

"The trouble with a standard out of contest and dull reading of the classic Yeats quote bit, is that it appears to be balls in a lot of ways, and a rather lose-lose conundrum if you follow it as any kind of non-plan of non-action. If you’re a jellyfish putz prostrated with confusion on the floor, you’re good! Get off your arse with conviction and ipso facto, ya bad?"

The meat is right there.

(Billy O, baby, you down, homeboy!)

(Check out the discussion of hawks v. doves here -- http://tinyurl.com/6q5v76)(Warning: My very good friend E.D. Kain takes a serious view of things, but is nonetheless a stand-up guy.)

As I see it, you either stand or you cave. Ockham-wise. Sure, as a member of Homo Absurdius you surf the curls of how to get along with your fellow idiots without getting killed along the way -- but the basic premise is the same.

You're gonna die before I do, pal. And you are NOT going to hurt my family, either.

Period. End of story.

(Am I making sense, or am I heading recklessly along an emotionally driven tangent wholly inspired by the Colonel's tacitly given license to vent like a muh-fuh?)

;)